3.14.2015

In His Love I Stand (A Future of Uncertainty)

My future is burning bright with the goodness of God. His love will light the way. His grace will never change. His presence will always remain. His power will stay the same. The name of Jesus is all I need.

But oftentimes, I get so caught up in my worries that I forget that my life really isn't about my life.

I forget that I'm not here to live my life. I'm here to allow God to accomplish His will and purpose through me.

Recently, I've been in a state of confusion and worry about my future. I've been stuck in wonder. I've been caught in a net of "Where should I go?", "What should I do?", and "What do I need?" The doors of my junior year are slowly closing, and a new door will be quickly opening as I approach my senior year this coming August.

The problem is, I don't know what career I want to pursue. I don't even know what field or major I want to go into. Therefore, I don't know what college I should attend and thus what colleges to apply for.

So I'm stuck in uncertainty. I'm stuck asking myself, "What can I see myself doing for the rest of my life?". Mostly, I've been asking what God wants me to do.

I long to be a stay-at-home mom once I get married and have kids. But as much as I would like to get married and have kids, is that what God wants? And should I depend on that when pursuing a career when I'm not even sure what God has in store for my future?

All of these questions have been consuming my mind and stealing the joy of the promise of Jeremiah 29:11 from my heart.
''For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

It's time to stop fixing my mind on the questions of my future and start fixing my eyes on the One who holds my future. He has my heart, He understands my passions, and He knows what my future holds. He has plans, plans that will prosper. My future is bright, because He will never change, He will never leave, and my life will always be guided by His love and grace if I continue to let Him do so. 

I've been reading a book that a sweet friend gave me, "Experiencing God: Student Edition", by Blackaby and King. I'm still at the beginning, but I can already tell that I didn't receive this book by chance. I've been learning so much about the will of God and I'm still in the first chapter. And it's through this book that God has revealed to me this simple statement about His will for my life:

Just follow Him, and I will find myself in the center of His will.

So I don't know what my future holds. I don't know what career or field to pursue. I don't know what college to attend. And yes, I have less than 8 months to figure everything out. But I know the God who created water, the vegetables on our plates, and the oxygen in the air, the God who came to earth as a human and died on the cross for MY sins, will reveal in His timing what He wants me to do. I just have to do my part and continue to follow Him, rather than try to figure everything out on my own. I know that He will complete the work He has started in my life. I know that He will open doors that no one can shut. I know that while things don't make sense right now, everything will come together as I continue on. 

I'm learning to trust. God's got this. In His love, I stand.

With that being said, I can see a light at the end of a dark tunnel, a future that is lit by a growing flame. I can't wait to see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!