6.16.2015

Love Take Me Over


Love, take these words that I'm speaking
Love, take these thoughts that I'm thinking
Love, take me over
Love, fill up all of my space and
Love, stand right here in my place
Love, hear this prayer that I'm praying
Love, take me, love, take me over
Love, take me over
.....

Let Your never-ending, never-failing, all-consuming love
Take over me

"Love Take Me Over"//Steven Curtis Chapman


   We live in a broken and fallen world. We live in a world of self harm and depression. We live in a world where the light is a small dot in a huge circle of darkness. This world is constantly looking, but they are never finding. Everyone has a hole in their heart, and that hole can only be filled by the love and power of Jesus Christ. But until we discover and are changed by His love, that hole will never be filled. That hole will always leave us with a craving for something more. It will always lead us to a feeling of emptiness and depression.

   As a Christ follower, as a girl impacted by His love and changed by His grace, I am now called to share His love to the world. This world is looking for a love that cannot be satisfied by anyone or anything on this earth. God wants to use me (and you!) to share His love to others. 

   But in a world of murder and war and minute by minute crime, how can we love? How can love still remain in a world of so much sin and hatred, when we end up on the opposing side of humanity and when those around us turn their backs on us? 

As Jesus died the most horrible death, He said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)

  And it's because of His great love for us that He sacrificed His entire life for us on that cross. Even though we are sinners. Even though we live in a world of darkness. Yes, Jesus died for you because He loves you!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

  Because of His love, I must love. Steven Curtis Chapman's song, "Love Take Me Over", has been such a reminder to me of this. It's a reminder that my life should be completely rooted in His love. And even though I'm not perfect, it's a reminder that every action, every word, and every thought should be carried out by His love. It's a reminder of a daily prayer, daily asking the Holy Spirit to "take these words that I'm speaking" and "these thoughts that I'm thinking" and for His love to take me over. When love "fills up all of my space" and "stands here in my place", that is when God will use me to do amazing things. When I allow God's love to take over me, I will be used to lead people out of the dark places and into the light. 

   What is love? Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8a)

   It's time to clothe myself daily in a heart of patience and kindness. It's time to take up the shield and protect myself from the temptations to envy, boast, and stand in pride. Love is not selfish, but it puts others first. It makes others feel important. It is built in humility. Most of all, it leads others to Christ.

   In a broken and fallen world, it is my prayer that God's love, His never-ending, never-failing, all-consuming love, to take over me. I want kindness to rule over every word, compassion in every thought, and humility in every deed. I want to encourage others. I want to help others when they least expect help to come. I want to serve others with acts of a humble and patient heart. This world is searching for love. Are you willing to live a life that is taken over by His love?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!