12.27.2015

Set My Heart On Fire



 Start a fire in my soul
Fan the flame and make it grow
So there’s no doubt or denying
Let it burn so brightly
That everyone around can see
That it’s You, that it’s You that we need
Start a fire in me
Start a Fire// Unspoken
 
My soul yearns for a life of something more. It craves a fire, a flame so large and so impacting that it burns for all to see. Lord, let your love shine through me. Let my heart fill with compassion for the things You are drawn to compassion for. Make my heartbeat Your own. Breathe your breath of life and of love into my lungs, and let every breath that comes out of my mouth speak Your praise and glory. Use every word to lead people to You. Help me to forgive those who are hard to forgive, to love those who are hard to love, and to reach out to those who are hard to reach.

Lord, start a fire in me.

The words of Unspoken's song bring me to the feet of Jesus, reminding me of the purpose that I wish for my life to be rooted in. As believers in Jesus Christ, we are the light in a world of darkness. Sin abounds, sadness is unending, and grief is nothing less than apparent on this dark earth. But it is in the dark that people are drawn to the light, and it is through His people that the Lord places His light in their hearts. It is my prayer that my life is lived on fire for Him. It is my wish for Him to start a fire in my soul, fanning a flame that only grows larger and larger as every day passes by.

I constantly fail. Sin is inevitable. Falling away from the Lord's wants and wishes is likely to happen in our life, as we live in a battle between flesh and spirit. But His fire in our souls will never cease, if we cling onto Him daily. Let our passion for Jesus, the fire that He stirs in our souls, grow so large that everyone will notice when we walk in a room. Let the flame in our hearts be so evident that we begin to look like Him. To walk like Him, to talk like Him, to live like Him...will stir a sense of wonder in this world. A light shining in the darkness will attract, and before long, the light will grow.

Lord, let the flame in my heart grow so large that everyone will see that it is You that we need. Start a fire in me.

And use the fire in me to spark a flame in this world.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

2 comments:

  1. This song gets me every time. Love this post! Very convicting; I'm pretty strong in my faith right now, but I feel like I'm always struggling to...show it. I don't mean to /not/ show it; I just don't always know how. But recently (as in, like, this week) God's been revealing to me some pretty awesome stuff and I've realized that the greatest way to show my faith is to look and act like Jesus in every circle of my life.

    Again, awesome post! You can bet I'll be back here. (Also, your blog design is gorgeous...)


    Sarah
    www.knowingthepower.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for your sweet comment! I completely get what you mean about showing your faith. I think it's definitely a result of God's work in our hearts, and it's through His work that we start to look more like Jesus--and that's the best way to show your faith, like you said! Thanks again!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!