5.21.2017

This Single Woman's Aim


An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. 1 Cor. 7:34

Wow. God really pulled at my heart a few days ago as I stumbled upon this verse. As a single woman, I have so much opportunity before me, yet this is a reminder that my ultimate concern should not be about the opportunities offered in this world, but that of the opportunities only found in God and in pursuing His kingdom.

So I switched out the beginning of this verse with the replacement of "single woman," just to continue to shed light on exactly what this verse means for this period of my life as a single:

A [ single woman ] is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit.


With a dating relationship, and ultimately marriage, the focus isn't fully on God, but on the other person as well. But as a single, my focus can and should be entirely on Him!

So, I choose to be single. I choose to view this time as a gift and to not rush into a relationship.

The world says that singleness is a curse, but God says that it is a blessing. It is a short-lived period of life where I can grow closer and closer to my Lord and Savior each day. I can serve Him. I can get to know Him better. I can continue to seek Him about the path He has for my life.

And if the right guy comes along, in step with God's leading, then what a beautiful moment that will be!

But until then, it is my prayer that my only aim would be full devotion to the Lord in both body and spirit.

That He would be my everything.

That He would be enough.


That's this single woman's aim!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!