11.19.2014

The Sweet Smells of a Christ-like Life

Via Pinterest
But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of Him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

 
I am called to share the Gospel, to spread His love and knowledge to the world.
While the world is living in the dark, I must be a light, a candle that brightens up every room and shatters any hint of darkness. I am the light of the world. 
It's not about judging others. It's about sharing His love, being an aroma of Him.

When God saved me by grace, He then saw His Son in me, who died in my place. His righteousness covers the sins of my heart and changed me from the inside out as His Spirit began to dwell in me. Now, He has called me to make a difference. He now sees "the pleasing aroma of Christ" amongst my failures and my mess-ups. I am made new.

The aroma of Christ is sweet-smelling. It's always a pleasure to be around. It doesn't put others down, lead them away, or give them a bad impression of who Christ is. It is about love. 
Jesus is love, and as I grow closer to Him and strive to become more like Him, I must learn to love. 

The aroma of Christ looks like love. It is love to those who don't know Him. It is love to those who do. It looks out for my brothers and sisters in Christ, leading them away from sin, whether it's my clothing choices, my conversations, the music I listen to. To the rest of the world, it's about kindness, forgiveness, and doing the little things, even a smile, that could change someone's day. His aroma is displayed in speech, actions, and most importantly, the heart. My life and the choices I make will follow after my 'heart condition.' 

The sweet smell of Christ is noticeable to others. Just like the smell of perfume is evident to everyone in the room, His light must shine through me in the crowds. I must appear different. I must live a life that encourages others to want to live like me. 

To make a difference, it's not about telling others they're wrong. It's about the heart, which follows into my lifestyle. Let His righteousness and love spread like wildfire. Let others feel loved and encouraged. It may not seem like it, but people notice what you're doing. They see you're different. They see when you're not conforming to their ways, the ways of the world. It must start with a total surrender to Jesus and His work through you, focusing on shining His light and living a life that brings glory to Him. It's not easy, but it's a life truly worth living for. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!