7.17.2015

Straight From the Heart



Jesus, help me.

Help me to live the way that You have called me to live.

Raise me out of this pit and set me on my feet again.

Give me the confidence to do all things, because I know I can do all things through You who gives me strength (Phil 4:13).

Help me to be so kind towards others, to grow in maturity and outspokenness, so I can lead people to You and not stay stuck in this state of timidity and fear.

Help me to move past the shameful times and into Your arms, where new beginnings have their place and all shame is washed away--by the power of Your grace. Where perfect love drives out fear (1 John 4:18). Where Your precious blood wipes away my sins.

I surrender all of this sadness, all of this shame, all of these feelings of incapability and timidity, and I place them at Your feet, where You will raise me up again and fill me with joy, peace, and Your precious love. Help me to live the way that You have called me to live, and I know that amazing things will happen!


I gave my life to Christ several years ago, but life is not perfect. I still need a shower of His grace every day. I still need His hand to pull me out of my struggles, His presence in every moment, and His love to drive out my fears. I am a mess, but I've been made righteous in His sight. And that's beautiful.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 
2 Timothy 1:7

Via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!