12.20.2014

About the Girl with the Blog

1. I am a Christ follower, forever and always. I'm saved, changed, a new creation, washed and redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and living my life for Him.

2. I am a sixteen year old high school junior who is also taking classes at the state college through dual enrollment.

3. I have naturally curly hair that is definitely NOT meant to be straight...God wanted it curly and no straightener will change it!

4. Most of the time, I am extremely shy, unless I happen to meet you at an outgoing time (it's happened with several people, who probably don't believe that I'm shy!) or unless I've gotten to know you. With God's help, I'm working on it and slowly getting better!

5. I am blessed to have the family and friends that I have!

6. I have the cutest Miniature Dachshund, Minnie. She's nine years old but she's pretty smart..less than a year and I've taught her 11 tricks!

7. I made many friends online through Wonderzone's Bible Reading Club several years ago and have gotten to know several of the girls outside of the site. One of the girls, Kara, is now one of my best friends and have been able to take a vacation with her and her family twice now...such a blessing.

8. I absolutely love animals, especially dogs. I have a particular passion for the shelter dogs. I frequently volunteer at the shelter, alongside my mom, which originally was for a school project but has led to a major hobby.

9. I am a Christian music fanatic and can't get enough of Christian and worship concerts. Especially Winter Jam...oh my goodness. Ah, and Anthem Lights is one of the best bands. Although I also love Francesca Battistelli, Dara Maclean, For King & Country, Tenth Avenue North, MercyMe, Hillsong Young & Free, and so, so, so many more.

10. I would attend church every single day if I could, because I love Jesus, love gathering in His presence, love learning more about Him through the sermon and worship, but most of all, He loves me. Back to Fact #1.

11. I am a writer, I love to blog, I love to encourage, I love when God uses my words to speak to people. I'm the editor of my high school's yearbook staff and hope to one day have my posts read by many.

12. I'm one of those rare teenagers who actually writes letters by hand. And would rather use a computer over a cell phone...and doesn't watch TV...and the list could go on.

13. I'm waiting to pursue a relationship until I'm older and relying on God's timing for the guy He has for me, which is another "weird" thing for a teenager.

 14. I love food, I try everything, I like every kind of food, I don't stop eating food.

15. That being said, I'm kind of germophobic and probably won't eat your food if you offer it to me (haha, just kidding!).

16. My top favorite restaurants are Tropical Smoothie (Paradise Point smoothie and Chipotle Chicken Club...every time) and Panera Bread (Chipotle Chicken Panini and the Broccoli Cheddar soup...again, every time).

17. Therefore, I love anything chipotle.

18. I probably waste too much time on social media.

19. I love taking pictures, modeling for pictures, photography in general.

20. I believe my spiritual gifts are wisdom and teaching, and would like to teach Sunday school for little kids in church someday.

How well do you know me? Surprised by any? Let me know in a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Woah! You're my best friend and I learned some things :) I especially like #14 and #15 haha lol ~Megan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!