1.28.2015

Reflecting His Glory (Meaning of Life)

    It's a question that's been debated for centuries, a question that changes lives and will affect the future of every single person in this world. What is the meaning of life? What is our true purpose of living on this earth?

The answer is simple.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus..." Colossians 3:17

   From the beginning of time, we were destined to be with the Creator. We were born to glorify and serve God. Due to the first sins of mankind, we have been separated from God. But His love is so much larger than we could ever imagine, and through the death and Resurrection of His Son, Jesus, we have the opportunity to be reconciled to Him! No love is stronger than the love of our Father!


   As I was reading about how to daily exemplify "holy living" in Colossians 3, I stumbled upon the sum of the entire section, the true formula for holy living. We were meant to serve God. We were destined to glorify Him. We weren't born to live for ourselves and do what makes us happy. We were born to please and glorify Jesus.

   These words are controversial and will lead to disagreement, but I'm holding onto the promises of His Word. My prayer is that, just as verse 17 is written on my mirror for me to see every time I witness my reflection, so my life must reflect the glory of God, rather than my own. I hope the world senses the love of Jesus in my presence and that all glory will be given to Him as He works great things in my life.

Life isn't about us. It's about Jesus. Is your life reflecting Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! If you were inspired, encouraged, or would like to share any thoughts, please comment below!